Working with us
- Band 5
- Preston / Chorley
- Preston / Chorley
- £12.25 per hour
- 31/10/2019 23:59
We recognise you are invaluable to us and in return for your hard work and professionalism to help us deliver high levels of care we can offer you the following:
- Weekly Pay
- Self booking in place via app or pc which allows you to book shifts at your own leisure 24/7. Choose the shifts you want that fit with your work life balance.
- Flexible working opportunities which allows you to work shifts around your availability in a variety of areas to develop your knowledge and experience
We recognise our staff are our biggest asset, investing in them is key to ensure LTH remains a rewarding place to work.
- Do you need a better work/life balance?
- Do you want to keep up your professional skills?
- Would you like to gain experience in new areas?
If you answered yes to the above, then we would really like you to apply for our Bank Staff Nurse role.
There are a number of shifts for Band 5 Bank Staff Nurses across varying divisions at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals. This Trust was the first trust in the country to be awarded ‘teaching hospitals’ status and we provide award winning educational programs for nursing staff. We are committed to staff development and provide encouragement and support to staff to continue their lifelong learning.
This is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to work for an organization which values its employees. You will work as an integral member of the team, providing a high standard of nursing care. You must be highly motivated and able to demonstrate good communication skills.
We welcome newly qualified or experienced nurses to apply, where you can be assured of working in an environment that values you as an individual and holds ‘care and compassion’ at the heart of everything we do.
The Trust is committed to personal and professional development and to providing opportunities for education and training for all our staff. Our clinical divisions are regularly holding free CPD events throughout the year which would be accessible to you.
We constantly strive for excellence, delivering high quality patient focused care. Our nursing teams are compassionate and empathetic who take pride in the high quality care they provide to all of our patients.
Other incentives we offer to our bank workers are:
- Paid induction, mandatory updates and ongoing training/CPD. Mandatory Training available as elearning content allowing you to complete from home and at your own leisure
- The Trust can support NMC revalidation with opportunities for CPD both through blended learning and other events which are held throughout the year. A Trust manager can act as your confirmer.
- Paid annual leave
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme
- Access to Counselling and support via our occupation health services which includes access to our Mindfulness Sessions to support your health & well-being
- Opportunities to apply for permanent full or part-time positions
- Access to on-site restaurants which on production of your ID badge entitles you to discounts
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Temporary Staffing 01257 247000 - Option 3