Working with us
- This post is only open to internal applicants.
- Band 6
- Fixed term/Secondment -
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Royal Preston Hospital
- £30,401 - £37,267 per annum
- 25/04/2019 23:59
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Division of General Medicine for an experienced nurse to work as a stroke specialist nurse within Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. The stroke team is a multidisciplinary team and consists of stroke consultants, stroke specialist nurses, research nurses, occupational therapist, physiotherapists, Speech & language therapists, and nurses.
The aim of the stroke specialist nurse role is to provide high quality evidence-based care to stroke patients who attend the Trust as emergencies. It includes assessing, diagnosing and initiating treatment to the acute stroke and TIA patients. It also involves the data collection for defined stroke standards to enhance the quality of care for stroke and TIA patients.
The objectives of the role are to:
- To identify Stroke and TIA patients in A&E.
- Provide a comprehensive stroke assessment
- Assessment of acute stroke patients for Thrombolysis / thrombectomy
- Liaise with Radiology Team for various imaging.
- Support the Telestroke Service.
- Collect and upload data into local, national and international databases.
- Outreach to wards for inpatients strokes and TIA within the trust.
- Liaise with the wider community team i.e. GP, community Neuro team.
The successful candidate will have previous stroke experience at band 5 and will be motivated and enthusiastic particularly in respect of acute stroke care. They will demonstrate the ability to work alone and as part of a team and possess sound clinical assessment and communication skills. The successful candidate will be expected to work flexibly on a 7-day rota.
Interview date: To be confirmed
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Anu Thomas, Lead Stroke Specialist Nurse on 01772 523525 or Chris Winster, Matron on 01772 522582