Working with us
SAFE Centre Clinical Director
NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Sexual assault and rape
- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Permanent: 0.3 WTE up to fulltime depending on the applicant
- Full time
- Part time
- Royal Preston Hospital
- £84,559 - £114,003 per annum
- 03/11/2021 23:59
The Clinical Director holds the responsibility for ensuring the provision and maintenance of a high quality, appropriate medical care to SAFE Centre clients.
The Clinical Director will play a key role in the development of the Centre and will make a significant contribution to the SAFE Centre’s strategic planning, policy formulation and to the achievement of the Centre’s objectives.
Main duties of the job
To provide clinical leadership, ensuring complainants (service users) receive safe and effective care
To manage peer review for the sexual offence examiners
To ensure SARC delivery is in line with national guidelines (FFLM, Forensic Regulator, BASHH), relating to
• Forensic medical examinations
• Sexual health (including assessment for prophylactic treatments for HIV and Hepatitis B)
• Risk assessments around mental health
Working for our organisation
We would be happy to answer any queries you may have regarding this post and any enquiries should be made with Mr N. Wood, the Divisional Medical Director firstname.lastname@example.org and the SAFE Centre Manager, Kate Robertshaw, email@example.com
Our team is our work family. At Lancashire Teaching Hospitals, you will be working as part of a collaborative, friendly and caring team of incredible people who are committed to providing excellent care with compassion. We celebrate diversity, encourage everyone to contribute, and you are valued for who you are.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job description, Person specification and Specialty/ Trust Brochure for further details on:
- What we can offer
- Job Plan/On-call Requirements
- The Team
- Full GMC Registration and Licence to Practice
- Membership or Fellowship of the Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine or membership of another (Royal) College or Faculty and Licentiate of the Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine or willingness to work towards
- Is currently working as a sexual offence examiner
- Has worked as a sexual offence examiner for at least 5 years
- Extensive experience examining children of all ages following a sexual assault
- Knowledge and understanding of SARC service
- Previous experience of work in Genitourinary Medicine, General Practice, Obstetrics & Gynaecology or Forensic medicine
- Clinical experience/working knowledge in GUM and contraception including HIV prophylaxis
- Evidence of commitment to audit and improving clinical practice/service development
- Evidence of Clinical Leadership
- Effective communication skills
- Good organisation skills.
- Works well within a multidisciplinary environment.
- Able to manage own time
- Able to participate in the on call rota
- Car owner / driver
Research and Development
- Evidence of interest in personal development e.g. through research and/or publications
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Nick Wood
- Job title
- DMD for Women's and Children's Services
- Email address