Working with us
- This post is only open to internal applicants.
- Sepsis Nurse-Admission areas/Inpatient ward areas
- Band 6
- Fixed Term/Secondment until March 2019
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Royal Preston Hospital
- £28,050 - £36,664 per annum, pro rata
- 23/10/2018 23:59
An exciting secondment opportunity has arisen in our admission areas and inpatient adult acute wards for motivated and enthusiastic nurses to join the Sepsis Team at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals promoting patient safety, until March 2019. You must have significant post registration experience in the care and management of the acutely ill patient with appropriate acute care skills.
We are looking for innovative, dynamic individuals who like to work in challenging and exciting environments to join our team. You will be working with all members of the multidisciplinary team across a variety of specialties. You must have excellent interpersonal skills, enjoy teaching, be able to work independently or as part of a team.
As a Sepsis Nurse you will be responsible for either inpatient or admission areas across two sites supporting on going improvements in the early recognition and management of Sepsis by:
- Undertaking clinical audit, working towards achieving the targets outlined in the Sepsis CQUIN.
- Working with the Sepsis Clinical Leads and multi-disciplinary clinical teams to improve Sepsis and care pathways and patient outcomes.
- Supporting and promoting the use of the Trust’s Sepsis pathway for recognition and management of Sepsis.
- Supporting the implementation of the Sepsis Six into clinical practice in all areas.
- Supporting clinical teams and best practice in the delivery of timely, compassionate and evidence-based care for individual patients with Sepsis.
- Acting as an expert resource to staff in the assessment and management of patients with, or at risk of Sepsis.
- Supporting the development and delivery of Sepsis education and training resources, to improve awareness and competency. They will provide training and education to health professionals within the Trust and to external partners on Sepsis related topics.
- Identifying, inspiring and supporting Sepsis Champions to improve Sepsis awareness and training across the Trust.
We are looking for someone with drive and enthusiasm to deliver high standards of care with compassion the ability to empower staff to do the same. This post offers an exciting secondment opportunity to further develop your knowledge and skills in change and small project management, quality improvement methods, the care and management of the patient with sepsis and their relatives. All within a supportive environment working alongside like-minded people.
Due to the limited time available for the secondment the applicants line manager must have already agreed to the secondment and to a quick start date.
Interview date: 6th November 2018
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Sally Fray, Consultant Nurse for Critical care Services via email email@example.com
Georgina Singleton, Sepsis nurse via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone 01772 523388/522458
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01257 245051