Working with us
Specialist Therapeutic Radiographer
- Band 6
- Fixed term: 6 months
- 37.5 hours per week (Full time 37.5 hours per week)
- Royal Preston Hospital
- £32,306 - £39,027 per annum
- 31/10/2021 23:59
Are you an experienced registered Therapeutic Radiographer looking to further your skills and knowledge in a forward thinking and technically advanced team?
We are looking to recruit a committed, patient focused Therapeutic Radiographer to a 6 month fixed term Specialist Therapeutic Radiographer post starting 01/02/2022.
Internal applicants only.
Main duties of the job
You will rotate through pre-treatment and treatment delivery allowing you to practice in all aspects of external beam radiotherapy localisation, planning, data prep, treatment delivery and imaging. As an experienced radiographer you will have the opportunity to develop others by becoming a student mentor, preceptor for newly qualified staff and/ or supporting more junior staff.
The Radiotherapy department has successfully integrated role extension into its culture and has implemented Advanced Clinical Practitioner and Consultant Practitioner roles in Therapeutic Radiography. Additional to this there is a strong research ethic with opportunities for active involvement in research at all levels.
You will work flexibly to deliver an excellent service in all Radiotherapy work areas, ensuring efficient throughput of workload and delivery of high standards of technical and patient care whist acting as a role model and patient advocate.
Working for our organisation
We are part of a Radiotherapy Operational Delivery Network collaborating with the Christie NHS FT and The Clatterbridge Centre NHS FT to provide high quality radiotherapy across the North West of England.
We have seven matched Elekta linear accelerators all with cone beam imaging capability, two Phillips BORE CT scanners and an Xstrahl Superficial Unit networked by a MOSAIQ patient management system. We employ a wide range of techniques including IGRT, IMRT and VMAT. Radiographer-led daily IGRT is routine for complex and innovative radiotherapy delivery procedures. We are a commissioned provider of Intracranial SRS/T and SABR.
Preston has excellent road and rail links, being in easy reach of the M6 / M61 / M55 motorways and is a key station on the West Coast mainline between London Euston and Glasgow / Edinburgh.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Assess, plan and deliver radiation treatment to meet patients’ needs in
accordance with agreed local and national standards and evidence based
Be responsible for the delivery and coordination of care in a work area, by
appropriate professional practice, leadership, delegation and supervision of duties carried out by junior staff
Supports service delivery and quality management
Qualifications and Education
- BSc. / PGDip Therapeutic Radiography or DCR(T)
- UK HCPC Registration as a Therapeutic Radiographer
- Commitment to own continuing Professional development
- Evidence of post graduate work based learning and/or academic study
Knowledge & Experience
- Evidence of post-registration clinical practice in Therapeutic Radiography, including successful completion of Preceptorship
- Sound knowledge of Radiotherapy pre-treatment, treatment planning and treatment delivery equipment and systems.
- Awareness of current Health Service Issues affecting Radiotherapy
- Experience with Elekta Linear Accelerators, Pinnacle TPS and MOSAIQ Patient Management System
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with all grades of staff and service users
- Sound technical Radiotherapy skills and ability to apply professional judgement under pressure.
- Willingness to play active role in introduction of new systems and techniques to the department.
- Good computer skills
- Evidence of involvement in the introduction of new systems and techniques
Values and Behaviours
- Committed to providing effective, patient focussed treatment delivery
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Acts as Role Model, setting example for therapy radiography team
- Able to work closely with team members, providing feedback as required
- Solution focussed, working with team to solve problems and make improvements
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the United Kingdom (UK) are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. Please note that from January 2021, to work in the UK all candidates who are not UK or Republic of Ireland (RoI) nationals require sponsorship unless you have permission to work via another route. Non UK / RoI candidates wishing to apply can self-assess the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship here. It is vital that you provide full and accurate details of your current immigration status on the application form. Overseas applicants applying for entry clearance into the UK must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided in continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Guidance can be found here. Not everyone needs a ‘Skilled Worker’ visa. If you are applying for a vacancy in health or adult social care, check if you’re eligible to apply for the Health and Care Worker visa instead. It’s cheaper to apply for and you do not need to pay the annual immigration health surcharge
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Linda O'Shea
- Job title
- Principal Therapeutic Radiographer
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01772 522731
- Additional information