Working with us
- NHS Medical & Dental: Specialty Doctor
- 10 PA's plus 1 APA
- Royal Preston Hospital
- £39,060 to £72,840 pa
- 28/12/2018 23:59
We have an exciting opportunity for a Specialty Doctor to join General Paediatrics at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
You will join a fantastic team of doctors, nurses, and allied health professionals, based in the Paediatric unit at Royal Preston Hospital undertaking clinical duties including cover as a middle grade doctor for ward patients, Paediatric assessment unit, Paediatric emergencies within ED, and outpatient clinic duties. If you wish to develop a special interest within the directorate subspecialties you will be encouraged and supported to do so.
We can offer you the opportunity to:
• Gain a variety of experience.
• Develop your expertise by having subspecialty exposure.
• Have dedicated clinic slots which will help you to enhance your work-life balance.
• Have a 1 in 8 on-call rota.
• Be part of our friendly, supportive general paediatric service which works closely alongside our on-site tertiary paediatric neurology service.
• Work alongside our dedicated consultant team who provide a great support network for our junior doctors.
• Have no commitment for neonatal cover due to our separated rota system.
• Develop your portfolio, with options to work towards your CESR application. The department has history of helping others towards such goals, where they have been successful and progressed.
• Enhance your knowledge by taking part in sub-speciality clinics with visiting clinicians from other hospitals.
• Build close working relationships with other departments within the trust, as well as with clinicians based at tertiary paediatric hospitals across the North West.
Being part of a teaching hospital you will also have the opportunity to be involved in teaching and training, continuing professional development, and participation in audit and research. You will be able to develop teaching experience and expertise and work alongside medical students from the University of Manchester. You will have the opportunity to deliver formal and informal teaching sessions either on wards or in our Health Academy; which has excellent facilities including a 24 hour library and a simulation suite.
We are an enthusiastic and a friendly team dedicated to provide high quality care to our patients and we would love you to join us!
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Dr Karnam Sugumar
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01257 247728