Working with us
- Band 6
- Fixed Term 12 months
- 37.50 hours per week
- Royal Preston Hospital/Preston Business Centre/Chorley District General Hospital
- £26,565 to £35,577 per annum, pro rata
- 08/01/2019 23:59
An exciting opportunity has arisen to provide comprehensive support for Information Technology initiatives within the Trust. The successful candidate will join the Technical Services team within the IT Department.
You will be directly involved in providing quality support in the Trust’s 1st line Technical Services team, with particular emphasis on working on problems and incidents around the technology stack.
It is essential that you have a computing related degree or proven substantial experience in a similar technical services role
You must be skilled and able to demonstrate experience in the following key technical areas:
- Supporting and dealing with complex 1st line /2nd line support issues including managing key 1st line processes and systems. (Fault finding/Setting up servers, troubleshooting network end user problems installation and supporting network switches and access points, packaging and distributing software via SCCM, using Technical Services backend systems and software to manage the assets, taking a lead in managing problems and issues around the End User Compute estate
• Network management, network security and networking projects
• VMware vSphere and storage devices including the development of new services and service offerings on this critical platform
• Leading on ensuring the safe and secure maintenance of the Trust Microsoft server/client software estate
It is also essential that you possess excellent communication skills, have been involved at a high level with infrastructure projects and implementations, are able to deal with IT users and staff in a pleasant and efficient manner and have a natural willingness to assist colleagues and share knowledge.
Participation in the Departments’ out-of-hours on-call rota, covering both Preston and Chorley Hospitals will be required.
Interview date: 17th January 2019
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01257 247263