Working with us
- Band 5
- Full time and part time available
- Royal Preston Hospital
- £24,214 - £30,112 per annum, pro rata
- 29/09/2019 23:59
We are currently looking to recruit qualified Anaesthetic Practitioners to our rapidly growing theatre teams. We have vacancies for Operating Department Practitioners or nurses to join our operating theatres at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals based at Royal Preston and Chorley Hospital.
As an ODP/Nurse working at our trust you will have the opportunity to work across Main theatres, Gynaecology & Obstetric Theatres, Day Case theatres and Chorley theatres. Within some of these theatres you will be required to work as part of a 24hr unit participating in twilights, weekend working and night duty.
We have a large theatre directorate consisting of 15 theatres based within the main theatre, 3 theatres within gynae theatres, 4 theatres within day case and 8 theatres based at Chorley theatres.
The specialities across all areas comprises of colorectal, General surgery, Urology, ENT & Max Fax, Plastics, Vascular, orthopaedic trauma, Neurosurgery, Emergency, Breast, cold orthopaedics, ophthalmic, gynaecology, Upper GI gynaeoncology, obstetric elective and emergency, Neuro-intervention. We also do amazing work on the Davinci robot for Urology, Gynaecology/oncology, Upper GI and colorectal. We are also in the process of expanding our ophthalmic service which will see ophthalmic theatres working in a brand new purpose built unit comprising of everything under one roof for the ophthalmology service.
We are looking for newly qualified or experienced, enthusiastic, motivated and resilient Anaesthetic Practitioners who are looking to begin their career or seek out a new challenge. You will be professional, flexible, motivated and committed to delivering high quality patient focused care within our busy theatre departments.
Why come to Lancashire Teaching Hospitals:
- Opportunities to access the anaesthetic course
- We offer a fully funded preceptorship programme with study leave for all newly qualified nurses who join us
- Great learning opportunities to enable all staff to fulfil their potential
- post-qualification development opportunities including Mentorship, ILS/PILS, ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills
- A fully supported induction programme with a named mentor
- On-going support from theatre clinical education team
- Salary sacrifice - childcare, electronics and cars
- NHS agenda for change terms and conditions
- A generous annual leave provision
- NHS pension
- Annual appraisal and personal development plans
- Flexible working – full and part time vacancies available including the ability to work 12 hour shifts and twilight
In order to provide the finest possible care we aim to attract , train and provide on-going support to the right people who can join our existing team of highly skilled professionals , all of whom are committed to making a positive difference to our patients. We will assist your development every step of the way, making sure that you are equipped with the skills needed to meet every potential challenge.
So come and apply today and see what we have to offer.
Interview date: To be confirmed
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Karen Stackhouse on 01772 528280 or via email Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org