Working with us
- This post is only open to internal applicants.
- Band 7
- Full Time 37.5 Hours Per Week
- £33,222 - £43,041 per annum
- 13/12/2018 23:59
An exciting secondment opportunity has arisen for an experienced Band 6 nurse for a four month Ward Manager role on Hazelwood Ward at Chorley Hospital. Hazelwood is an acute Gastroenterology ward with 19 acute beds.
It is a busy ward needing a Nurse leader who is organised, able to work to deadlines, give senior support and maintain the high standards of patient care, quality and safety.
To be considered for this post, you must have experience as a band 6 in an ward setting. Be aware of trust targets, policies and audits. Knowledge of budget management and competent IT skills are desirable.
As Ward manager you will be responsible for:
* the day to day running and operational demands of the ward
* managing a large team of nurses and healthcare assistants
* working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
* completion of audits / clinical governance
* producing management reports, off duties and verification of pay.
* Overall responsibility in delivery in Ward based care
If you feel you have these skills then come and join our fantastic team
Interview Date: 19th December 2018
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Karen Hobin Ward Manager 01257 245174
If you have problems applying, contact
- 01257 245472